Are you still looking for a super easy savory salmon recipe? Try this easy salmon recipe: Steamed Salmon in Savory Sauce. A recipe that takes 5 minutes or less to prepare and requires 5 cooking sauces.
Our family loves salmon, so we tried many different ways to make it, only steaming and seasoning with salty sauce, the salmon tasted very different! Come try this easy savory salmon recipe!
Preparing steamed salmon in savory sauce
- Make sure you have fresh salmon fillets, it should be free of any brown spots, discolored, smooth, firm and shiny. Without removing the skin, pat the salmon to dry and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Fill a steamer with at least 2 inches of water and bring it to a boil.
- Line a steaming basket with heavy duty aluminum foil and pour in a tablespoon of the delicious sauce mixture.
- Place the salmon fillets on top of the cooking sauce, then pour the remaining mixture over the salmon.
- Fold the foil to cover the salmon securely to ensure no sauce leaks during cooking.
- Cover the steamer and cook the salmon for 20 to 22 minutes, or until the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
I want you to try my Easy Salmon Recipe: Steamed Salmon in Savory Sauce. Not only is this recipe super easy to make, it’s healthy, delicious and delicious.
Easy Savory Salmon Recipe: Steamed Salmon In Savory Sauce
- 1 lb. salmon fillet with skin on
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients and set aside.
- Fill the steaming pot with 2 inches of water and bring to boil.
- Line the steaming basket with heavy duty aluminum foil and pour in a tablespoon of the sauce mixture.
- Place the salmon on top of the sauce and then pour in the remaining sauce. Fold the packets and close them.
- Place the steaming basket in the steaming pot, cover and cook at medium to medium low heat for about 20 to 22 minutes or until the internal temperature of the salmon reaches 145 to 150 degrees F.
- Serve with steamed rice or angel hair noodles
THE BEST SAVORY SALMON STEAKS
1 lb fresh salmon, cut into 4-5 pieces
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons onions, grated or minced
4-5 leaves basil, confetti or finely chopped (optional)
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together, melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, grated onion (and basil if desired).
- Spoon over salmon steaks.
- Salt and pepper steaks.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until salmon is light pink and cooked through.
- Sprinkle with basil if desired and serve.
If you are a salmon fan, you will love this recipe. Even as an outback, my whole family can enjoy this delicious salmon for the price I’d get it at a restaurant for one of us. After trying this recipe, you’ll want this whenever you have salmon.