Fried chicken salad recipe finds the perfect balance between fast food and nutrient-dense greens. It features fried chicken as the deep-fried food and mixed salad as a light and fresh powerhouse.
Fried Chicken Salad is the perfect blend of crispy chicken and fresh vegetables tossed into your favorite dressing. Fried chicken salad recipe has 248 calories per serving with high-calorie ingredients like mayonnaise; it also adds 17.2 grams of protein. In addition to exercise, complete protein options like chicken can help build and maintain lean muscle mass.
This fried chicken salad recipe is important to cook the chicken properly to enjoy its health benefits. It must reach an internal temperature of 165°F because raw or undercooked chicken is inedible and can lead to food poisoning.
It gives you more of the nutrients in a vegetable lineup like lettuce, cherry tomatoes, green beans, red cabbage and corn, including rich antioxidants like vitamin K and vitamin C.
What to serve with fried chicken salad?
This salad lacks some starch to be a complete meal. You can get around this by pairing it with your usual fried chicken side dishes like mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles. You can also prepare some bread or buns, serve fried chicken and salad as toppings, and use seasonings as sauces.
How to store leftovers
Mayonnaise salad will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator. Transfer them to an airtight container before refrigerating. We don’t recommend freezing salads because the toppings can get mushy and the dressing can crack.
- Store fried chicken in an airtight container. Wrapping them tightly in aluminum foil is also an option. Fried chicken can last up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- If you keep fried chicken in the refrigerator, its shelf life can be extended to 4 months. Store in airtight containers or heavy duty freezer bags.
- Let the chicken come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 400°F, then reheat
for 12-15 minutes. You must reheat frozen fried chicken to 165°F.
How to Make Fried Chicken Salad
8 ozskinless boneless chicken breast
1medium egg whisked
1 tspCajun seasoning
1/2 tbspall-purpose flour
1/4 cupplain panko breadcrumbs
4 ozcherry tomatoes halved
4 ozromaine lettuce roughly chopped
2 ozcorn kernels
1 ozred cabbage chopped
4 ozgreen beans ends removed
1 cupcanola oil *
2 tbspparsley chopped
2 tbspJapanese mayonnaise
2 tbspplain Greek yogurt
0.5 ozfeta cheese crumbled
- Season 8 oz chicken breast with 1 tsp Cajun seasoning and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Coat the chicken with 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour, one whisked egg, and 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs.
- Fry the chicken in 1 cup of canola oil on low heat for 5 minutes. Take out the chicken pieces and place them on parchment paper.
- Blanch 4 oz green beans for 2 minutes, then shock them in cold water.
- Make the dressing with 2 tbsp Greek yogurt, 2 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 2 tbsp parsley. Mix well.
- Assemble the salad with chicken, 4 oz romaine lettuce, 4 oz cherry tomatoes, 2 oz corn, 1 oz red cabbage, green beans, and 0.5 oz feta cheese.
- Serve with the dressing and enjoy.