Italian Broccoli with Garlic and Olive Oil is one of the easiest and most versatile side dishes you can make! Fresh broccoli and golden garlic are the perfect match! This is a 15-minute italian broccoli recipe that can be used as a side dish for almost any meal.
According to Wikipedia, broccoli is “a natural hybrid of broccoli and geranium, both varieties of the Brassica genus. Broccoli is known for its smaller flowers than ordinary broccoli, and it also has more Long thinner stems. All are edible. It is known for its sweet taste and has a slight undertone of asparagus.
How to Cook Broccoli on the Stove
This beautiful green is super easy to cook and prepare in Italian cooking. In terms of ingredients, you use the same ones you would cook with regular broccoli.
You can sauté, steam or fry vegetables. You can even try it in fried form!
Italian Broccoli Recipe
Learn how to make easy and delicious broccoli…Italian style! This awesome veggie recipe uses minimal ingredients and is quick and easy!
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic slices
- 1 pinch lemon juice
- Thoroughly wash and clean broccoli
- Unlike regular broccoli, you want to keep the stems. Trim the ends, then simply cut the stalk lengthwise.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil
- Add the broccoli and cook for 1-2 minutes, until they turn bright green
- Remove from boiling water and set aside (run under cold water to stop cooking if needed)
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add the garlic slices
- Sauté the garlic for about 30 seconds stirring so they don’t burn (if that happens, start over!
- Once the garlic is fragrant, add the broccoli and stir to coat the broccoli in the oil and heat for about 2 minutes
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and remove from heat.
- Finally it’s time to eat!
How to Make Garlic Sauteed Broccoli
- Cut the head first into florets, then into roughly equal-sized pieces.
- Bring a saucepan with 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cover, leaving a slight jarring.
- After about 2-3 minutes of cooking, the broccoli will turn bright green. Remove from heat and strain broccoli in a colander.
- Leave the broccoli in the colander and dry any remaining water in the pot.
- Chop 5 cloves of garlic.
- Toss garlic in 1/4 cup olive oil and saute over medium heat for 2 minutes or until pale golden.
- Add the broccoli and sauté another 3-5 minutes. Move the pan and mix with a
wooden spoon, coating thoroughly with the garlic oil mixture. Add 1 teaspoon
kosher salt, mix and heat. Drizzle the top right corner with some extra virgin
olive oil before serving.
- Let the garlic turn golden – To make sure the garlic turns golden without burning, start on low heat and gradually increase the heat.
- Steam the broccoli – it only takes a few minutes, but it does help avoid the long sautéing process that can result in burnt broccoli still undercooked on the inside.
- Seasoning – Salt is vital to cooking any vegetable, 1 head of broccoli will need about 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.