Coffee is an amazing drink with a refreshing function. On hot summer days, we all love iced coffee. Whether you’re a fan of cold drinks or iced lattes, there’s nothing better than waking up on a warm day with a refreshing caffeinated beverage. Of course, coffee is also divided into many categories. Today I will tell you how to make an iced caramel latte recipe at home!
Iced Caramel Latte is a sweet and refreshing drink made with two shots of espresso, milk of choice, homemade caramel sauce, and served with a serving of whipped cream. If you like sweet lattes, you’ll love this iced caramel latte recipe.
This recipe is super easy to make and you can swap out any of the ingredients if you want. Below, I list the ingredients used in this recipe; I’ll also cover substitutions:
- You can substitute strong double brew or cold brew with espresso.
- You can use any milk you have at home, such as whole milk, low-fat milk, or a milk substitute like soy or almond milk.
- I’ve listed the recipe for homemade caramel sauce below, but you can also use store-bought caramel sauce instead.
- I like to top this iced latte with a generous amount of whipped cream for extra sweetness and creaminess, but you can leave it out too.
- This iced coffee is cooled with ice cubes. You can use this ice cube in place of coffee ice to prevent water from being watered down.
- With all these options to create a delicious iced caramel latte that perfectly suits your taste, making your dream coffee at home has never been easier.
Are caramel latte sweet?
The caramel latte is very sweet. The sweetness of the latte comes from the caramel sauce and added whipped cream. But since you’ll be using two shots of espresso, you’ll be balancing the sweetness with a strong coffee flavor, which is fantastic.
I also tested this recipe with one shot of espresso, but found the sweetness of the caramel and whipped cream a bit overwhelming, so I recommend sticking with two shots of espresso for the perfect balance.
Which is the sweeter caramel macchiato or caramel latte?
Between the caramel macchiato and the caramel latte, the caramel macchiato is sweeter because it uses vanilla syrup and caramel sauce for flavor. Where’s the caramel latte using only caramel sauce. The caramel macchiato tastes much sweeter than this caramel latte thanks to the addition of vanilla syrup. Both coffees are great and perfect for summer.
Iced Caramel Latte Recipe
This easy iced caramel latte recipe will get you through those hot summer days!
- 3/4 cup (0.18 liters) whole milk
- 2 cups espresso
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- whipped cream
- ice cubes
- Brew espresso and allow to cool completely.
- In a tall mug, pour cooled espresso.
- Add the caramel sauce to the espresso and stir to combine.
- Put ice cubes on top. I like to fill the cup about half way.
- Pour in cold milk and top with whipped cream.
- Alternatively, you can drizzle some extra caramel sauce over the whipped cream.
- Serve immediately for best results, and stir to combine flavors before drinking.