Homemade White Chocolate Sauce is super easy to make and perfect for pancakes, coffee and more! You will absolutely love this easy homemade white chocolate sauce recipe below!
The sauce for the white chocolate sauce recipe is dairy-based, similar to chocolate sauce but made with white chocolate. White chocolate is a delicious alternative to classic chocolate with a unique flavor. This sauce is creamy and perfect for a white chocolate mocha!
White Chocolate Sauce Recipe — Ingredients
You only need a few common ingredients to make at home:
- Milk – You can find it near milk in the dairy section. You can also use whipped cream or even whole milk here.
- White Chocolate – The better the chocolate, the better the chocolate sauce! You’ll want to use good-quality white chocolate here. Ghirardelli white chocolate is recommended here. You can use white chocolate chips or chocolate bars.
- Butter – I prefer unsalted butter, but marinating will work too.
White Chocolate Sauce Recipe —How to Make
Once you have all the ingredients, you will also need the following tools:
Spoon or spatula
Airtight containers, such as mason jars
- Stewed milk
In a saucepan, bring the cream to a boil over medium heat. You don’t want it to boil or turn into a rolling boil. Once it starts to boil, remove it from heat.
- Add white chocolate
Add the white chocolate to the hot cream. Blend until smooth. You have to stir vigorously to make sure the white chocolate is well mixed together.
- Add butter
After the white chocolate and cream are fully combined, add the butter. The sauce should still be hot so it will slowly melt the butter. Stir well into the sauce.
- Pour into container
Let the white chocolate spread cool slightly, then pour it into an airtight container, such as a mason jar. I recommend using a funnel to help pour it into your tank.
Make a white chocolate mocha with fresh white chocolate sauce, pour it over homemade pancakes, or serve with ice cream!
Frequently Asked Questions about White Chocolate Sauce
It hardens in the refrigerator! what do I do?
You can reheat in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring in between. You can also reheat it in a pan on the stove top.
What is the difference between whipped cream and heavy cream?
It is related to milk fat content. Here’s a good reference on the differences.
Can I use white chocolate chips?
Yes, chocolate chips can be used.
The Best Way to Store White Chocolate Sauce
- Once you’ve made your chocolate sauce, you have to store it the right way so you can enjoy it longer.
- After making the sauce, it is best to let it cool completely before storing.
- I like to use mason jars, any type of resealable container, or a flask with a pour spout to store my chocolate spread.
- Make sure the chocolate sauce is covered and put it in the refrigerator. I always keep it in the coldest part of the fridge.
- You can keep it in the fridge for up to a week, but honestly, it will probably go away within that time frame.