Smoked Deviled Eggs are delicious and the ultimate appetizer for summer barbecues, holidays or any fun occasion. Smoked hard-boiled eggs give a deep and incredibly smoky flavor, and if you want to learn how to make it, check out this smoked deviled eggs recipe!
The smoked deviled eggs recipe is egg whites that are hard-boiled and then smoked. The result is an egg that absorbs a lot of flavor from the smoke and your favorite filling is ready. They actually date back thousands of years as an appetizer option.
Ingredients to Make the Best Smoked Deviled Eggs:
It’s the stuffing that makes the deviled eggs. The stuffing in this smoked deviled eggs recipe is a little bit – it’s salty and spicy. Here are the eggs you need to buy at the store:
- white onion
- Mazzetti Slough Dressing
- Paprika – regular or smoked paprika
- Brown mustard or Dijon mustard
- crushed black pepper
- Chinese chives
Smoked Deviled Eggs Recipe: How to Make
Making these smoked deviled eggs couldn’t be easier.
- Put the eggs in a large stock pot with enough water to cover them completely.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and remove from heat. Let it sit for 8 minutes to finish cooking the eggs.
- Place hard-boiled eggs in an ice bath.
- Peel the eggs.
- Preheat smoker to 180°F.
- Smoke the eggs for 45 minutes.
- Remove eggs from the smoker and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut the egg in half lengthwise and remove the yolk.
- Mix egg yolks with other ingredients.
- Place the mixture in a plastic ziplock bag and cut the corners from the bag.
- Place deviled egg filling into halved egg whites.
- Top with dill, chives and a little paprika. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Notes on Boiled Eggs
The longer your eggs are smoked, the more color they will get. After about thirty minutes, they will be pale yellow, closer to the hour mark, and more like a very light brown.
The color change is normal and can reassure you that your eggs are absorbing that pleasant smoky flavor.
Variations on this Smoked Deviled Eggs Recipe
Feel free to adjust the toppings to suit your personal preference. Here are some ideas for changing this classic recipe:
- Top with marinated jalapeños and a dash of BBQ seasoning.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers and diced red bell peppers.
- Top the deviled eggs with crumbled bacon and paprika.
- Try a little chow, mild or hot – a southern staple that adds great flavor.
- Put a drop of Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce on top and heat it a bit.
- For more flavor, top the eggs with brisket, smoked pork, or smoked salmon.
How to Cook Eggs in the Instant Pot
- Place the eggs on a tripod and add 1 cup of water.
- Put the Instant Pot on high pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
- Release naturally for 5 minutes, then cool the eggs in an ice bath for 5 minutes.