If you want to serve these pulled chicken sliders as a meal, you’ve got plenty of great options to accompany it, as easy as a sandwich to wrap around the meal perfectly. These are some of the aspects we often pair:
Vegetables and Pastures
Potato Salad or Chips and Pickles
Pasta or Quinoa Salad
This chicken sliders recipe is so easy to make. They’re pretty much a meal and only take 30 minutes to make. These BBQ Chicken Sliders do require a bowl to mix the chicken and BBQ sauce, but otherwise, it’s all done in one roasting pan. Super easy! I hope you can learn a different chicken sliders recipe through this article!
Chicken sliders recipe — Ingredient list
- 2 packs of Kings Hawaiian Rolls
- 3 cups shredded chicken – you can add a little more chicken if you like.
- 12 slices of provolone cheese – I prefer the unsmoked one, but you can choose the one you like.
- 1/4 cup melted butter – about half of a stick.
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard – Using Dijon mustard does give a great flavor, but don’t worry, it won’t be very thick once it’s mixed and spread on a sandwich, so it’s still kid friendly.
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds – these will add a subtle crunch to the sliders and enhance the flavor.
Chicken sliders recipe — Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut each Hawaiian roll in half along the length of the roll and place the bottoms in a 9×13 baking pan. As you can see in the pictures, these rolls are perfect to serve side by side in a baking pan this size. I’ve used several different types of these plates and sometimes they have more rounded corners which makes it more challenging, but you should still be able to use them.
- Spread chicken and cheese on rolls and place back on top. Use a serrated knife to cut between all rolls.
- Mix melted butter, mustard, sugar and poppy seeds until combined.
- Then use a pastry brush to spread the mixture evenly over the tops of the rolls. Brush it on top, then use the rest of the mixture to spread some between each roller and around the sides until all is used up.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20 minutes or until the tops of rolls are golden
brown. Since everything in it is already precooked, it’s important to heat the
entire dish and melt the cheese. If the rolls start to brown too much for your
taste, you can cover them loosely with foil.
Chicken sliders recipe — FAQ:
Can this recipe be made ahead of time?
If these sliders are prepared ahead of time, the bread will be soggy and you can prepare all the ingredients ahead of time. Once you have your ingredients ready, assembling these Buffalo Chicken Sliders is a breeze!
- Cut the bread in half.
- Combine chicken with buffalo sauce and ranch.
- Shredded cheese.
- Make coleslaw.
- Melt butter with Italian seasoning.