Most lasagna recipes require hours of simmering the tomato/meat sauce to release its flavor. However, this one requires only 5 minutes of simmering time.
How is this possible, you ask? Well, it’s simple: all you need is a marinara sauce. Since it’s already packed with flavor, when combined with sausage or ground beef, cheese, and lasagna, it creates the most wonderful flavor and texture that can’t be resisted.
Preparation before cooking:
Lasagna Noodles – This recipe calls for lasagna, but your favorite brand will do.
Marinara Sauce – Again, the recipe calls for Barilla, but any high-quality and tasty Marinara sauce will work too.
Bulk Italian Sausage or Ground Beef – For succulent, taste heavenly with marinara and cheese. Your meat should have been precooked and drained.
Ricotta, Mozzarella, and Parmigiano-Reggiano—these three cheeses make this lasagna rich, creamy and gooey!
- 1/2 box Bariwei Lasagna
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage or ground beef (cooked and drained)
- 2 cans of barley sauce
- 1 15-ounce container of ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Instruction of Barilla Lasagna Recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes, then drain with a slotted spoon. Put it in cold water to stop further cooking.
- In a large skillet, combine sausage or ground beef with 1 1/12 of the marinara sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine ricotta, 3 1/2 cups mozzarella, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and eggs.
- Grease a lasagna pan or 9×13-inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on a baking sheet, about 3/4 cup. Spread 3 to 5 layers of lasagna over the sauce. There is only a slight overlap between the noodles. Layer the cheese mixture for the noodles, followed by the meat sauce.
- Repeat twice from noodles to bolognese. Top the meat sauce with the remaining marinara sauce and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Let the lasagna rest for 10 minutes, then slice and serve. enjoy!
Do I need a lasagna pan for the barilla lasagna recipe?
If you want to achieve the best taste, then this kind of pot is very necessary to make this dish. The lasagna pan is deeper than a regular 9×13 pan, which gives you room to place all those layers. Traditional lasagna has 4 layers of noodles and will not fit in a 9×13 pan.
Can I use other types of cheese for barilla lasagna recipe?
Traditionally, lasagna uses ricotta, parmesan and mozzarella cheese. But it’s different now, the recipes are ever-changing, and you can use different cheeses to suit your liking.