Whiskey is a distilled alcoholic beverage made from a certain grain malt. Such as barley, wheat, rye, corn, buckwheat and so on. Whiskey is nothing special except for the large amount of alcohol, but in terms of its organic compounds, it is rich in ellagic acid, which is a very powerful antioxidant and has certain benefits to the human body. So, is it good for the body to drink whiskey every day? How much whiskey should I drink every day? The following editor will take everyone to learn about it.
Is it good for the body to drink whiskey every day?
Drinking whiskey every day has certain benefits for the body, but the premise is to drink a moderate amount of whiskey. In the case of drinking a small amount of whiskey, it has the following benefits for the body:
- Prevent colds and flu. One of the very famous uses of whiskey is to prevent colds and flu. It can provide heat to the human body and can be used as a cough syrup to relieve throat discomfort. Whiskey works best when taken with hot water and lemon, but you should not drink too much.
- Protect the heart. Whiskey is very good for the cardiovascular system, can prevent blood clots in the arteries, thereby reducing the risk of stroke and heart disease. The antioxidants in whiskey can limit the oxidation of low-density proteins in the blood and prevent heart attacks. It can also promote the production of good cholesterol in the body and reduce the fat in the arteries.
- Maintain weight. Whiskey has relatively low calories, no fat or cholesterol, so it does not cause chronic diseases caused by trans fat or saturated fat. Whiskey can also promote digestion and reduce appetite, thereby preventing excess weight.
- Enhance memory. Whiskey can make the brain more active and prevent Alzheimer’s disease. The ethanol in whiskey allows certain neurons in the brain to function normally and remain active.
- Reduce stress and anxiety. Drinking a glass or two of whiskey can relax your nerves and relieve stress and anxiety.
How much whiskey should I drink every day?
Whiskey, like beer and wine, can actually bring some health benefits to drinkers. Drinking 2-3 ounces of this alcohol at a time is not enough to make you drunk, but it is enough to give you a healthy boost in some important body functions. However, whiskey must not be drunk in large quantities, otherwise it is not good for your health.
The taboo of drinking whiskey every day
First of all, whiskey is not allowed for people suffering from gastritis. The proportion of alcohol in whiskey is comparative, especially there are some other chemical components, which can cause a lot of irritation to the stomach and cause some uncomfortable conditions in the stomach. Patients with gastritis should pay attention to their diet and eat more light foods. In terms of diet, they can drink small amounts of beverages with low alcohol content. It is healthier to eat more light foods. In particular, pay attention to add more digestible semi-liquid food, so that the stimulation to the stomach is relatively small.
At the same time, we should also note that people with alcoholic liver are not allowed to drink whiskey, otherwise it will aggravate the development of the disease. Fatty liver disease is generally caused by a condition of liver tissue pathology caused by the fact that the liver can not decompose the alcohol in the body in time because of the usual drinking. Therefore, reasonable treatment should be better in the later stage. It is not allowed to drink whiskey at this time. First of all, the alcohol content in whiskey is relatively high, and the stimulation of whiskey to the liver is also relatively large, so it is easy to cause liver problems to become more serious. You need to be careful.