Abstract: Ireland is likely to be the birthplace of whiskey, with an ancient history of whiskey brewing, and the whiskey produced has a distinct and unique taste style.
ABSTRACT: Despite there now being just a handful of operational distilleries producing Irish whiskey, the category features a range of diverse products from blends to Irish single pot stills and single malts.
- Powers Irish Special 15 Year Old Whiskey (Powers Irish Special 15 Year Old Whiskey, Ireland), average selling price-£408
Powers is one of the first distillers in the world to start bottling its own whiskey. It is the most popular Irish whiskey brand in Ireland, with an estimated annual sales of 6 million bottles. This whiskey, brewed in the 1970s, is an aged product of the Powers distillery and is now very rare.
- Green Spot 10 Year Old Pure Pot Still Irish Whiskey (Green Spot 10 Year Old Pure Pot Still Irish Whiskey, County Cork, Ireland), with an average price of £170
This 10-year-old whiskey from Green Spot was released together with its 12-year-old whiskey in 2005. The output is only 1,000 bottles, which is very limited. The purpose is to celebrate Mitchel and Son’s, the oldest wine and spirits merchant in Ireland. 200th anniversary.
- Danny Boy 15 Year Old Single Malt Irish Whiskey (Danny Boy 15 Year Old Single Malt Irish Whiskey, County Louth, Ireland), average selling price-£75
This whisky is produced in 2,500 bottles, produced in Cooley Distillery, and each bottle has the signature of Noel Sweeny, the master distiller of Cooley Distillery.
- Kilbeggan Distillery Reserve Irish Malt Whiskey (Kilbeggan Distillery Reserve Irish Malt Whiskey, County Westmeath, Ireland), average selling price-£38
This whisky is brewed from 100% barley malt and is distilled using an ancient and unique kettle-style distillation tower. Therefore, “the taste is extremely soft and the flavor is extremely rich.” Its flavor characteristics include vanilla caramel pudding, brown sugar, kiwi, cornbread and Roast chicken and so on.
- Jameson 18 Year Old Master Selection Blended Irish Whiskey (Jameson 18 Year Old Master Selection Blended Irish Whiskey, County Cork, Ireland), average selling price-£90
It is blended from carefully selected three barrels of whiskey. The output is limited. It has been aged in American Bourbon whisky oak barrels and European oak barrels for at least 18 years. In terms of taste, it has the flavor characteristics of soft candy, toffee, spices, wood, leather, vanilla and stone fruit.
- The Teeling “Poitin” Irish Whisky (The Teeling Whisky Co., Poitin, Ireland), average selling price-£33
Produced by the “The Teeling” whisky company, it is a blend of 20% double-distilled malt whisky and 80% triple-distilled corn whiskey. It is a kind of “Poitin” whiskey. But many years ago, “Poitin” or “Poteen” whiskey was an illegal product in Ireland.
- Greenspot 12 Year Old Pure Pot Still Irish Whiskey (Greenspot 12 Year Old Pure Pot Still Irish Whiskey, County Louth, Ireland), average selling price-£578
This whiskey was released in 2005 to celebrate the 200th anniversary of Mitchell & Son’s, the oldest wine and spirits merchant in Ireland, with only 200 bottles produced, each with the signature of R. Jonathan Mitchell .
- The Wild Geese Classic Blended Irish Whiskey (The Wild Geese Classic Blended Irish Whiskey, County Louth, Ireland), average selling price-£33
This whiskey is a blend of double distilled single malt whiskey and grain whiskey, and is aged in bourbon oak barrels. It has a lighter body, a sweet taste, with honey and citrus aromas, and is balanced and supple overall.
- The Irishman Cask Strength Blended Irish Whiskey (The Irishman Cask Strength Blended Irish Whiskey, County Cork, Ireland), the average selling price-£88
The original barrel alcohol series produced by “The Irishman” produces only 2,000 bottles per year. It is triple distilled and matured in American oak barrels. Each bottle is numbered and signed.
- Midleton 25 Year Old Pure Pot Still Irish Whiskey (Midleton 25 Year Old Pure Pot Still Irish Whiskey, County Cork, Ireland), average selling price-£1,020
This whiskey is becoming more and more difficult to buy now, with complex spices, sesame oil and fruit flavors, and a very mild taste.